Our 2017 Gala was held at the Best Western Parkway Inn last Saturday, September 16th. The event was a resounding success! Great food, great entertainment and much laughter in the company of good friends was the order of the day. The enthusiasm of all our guests was palpable! Our deepest gratitude goes to all who took the time out of their busy schedule to spend an evening with the Bereaved Families team to honour and support the work that is accomplished at our agency.
Thank you for your sponsorship and support
Donors For Gala 2017
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino: 1 night stay ($100) & $25 Resort Reward & $25 Slot Play (x2)
- Roy’s Studio Photography: $100 Gift Card
- Cornwall Golf & Country Club: $150
- Funeral Friends: Jewelry Box
- Blooms: $25 Gift Certificate
- R&R Esthetics: Manicure/Pedicure ($78)
- The Grind: $25 Gift Certificate
- Casa Paolo: $100 Gift Certificate
- Anne Wylemans: Painting ($100)
- Splash N’ Go Car Wash: (Gift Certificate for 5 Car Washes) (x2)
- Squire Shop: $100 Gift Card
- Heritage Golf Club: 18-Holes with Cart (x4)
- Pommier Jewellers: Mother & Child Pendant
- Dave & Lisa Herjavec: $100 Gift Card from Laura’s Flowers & Gifts
- Tammy’s Hair Studio: Manicure ($46) & Cut & Style ($42) and a KIA Canada 150 water bottle
- D.Q Grill & Chill Cornwall: Coupon for five 8” Ice Cream Cakes & five Basket Meals ($150) & Water Bottle courtesy of Nolan Quinn (Owner)
- Kid’s Korner: $25 Gift Certificate & Stuffed Penguin
- Anonymous Donation: Roots School Bag & Water Bottle
- Life’s Little Pleasures: $30 Certificate
- Marlin Orchards: Canada 150 Cushion, $25 Gift Certificate & a KIA Canada 150 Water Bottle
- Frugals: Sunbeam 12-Cup Coffee Maker & Fugi Film Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera courtesy of Kelly Gordon
- Anonymous: “Breakfast Package” Waffle Maker, Waffle Mix, Coffee, Cup & More… ($120)
- Shoppers Drug Mart (Brookdale): Beauty Package & Water Bottle
- Shoppers Drug Mart (Cornwall Square): Beauty Package
- Seaway Valley Landscaping $50 Gift Certificate for snow removal or grass cutting courtesy of Martin Brosseau
- Mylène Lacroix (mimimustknit): Hand-dyed, Hand-knit Shawl
- Seaway Kitchen & Bath: “Date Night Package” ($100)
- Zumba with Christal: Gift Card for 10 Zumba Classes & a KIA Canada 150 Water Bottle
- Aultsville Theatre: 2 tickets to the Man in Black Concert on Nov. 3rd ($88)
- The Loft: (Chantal Léger) $50 Gift Card, Brush, Necklace & Spray ($130)
- G.C. Julien: (Geneviève Julien, Author) Autographed Book Set (x3)
- Best Western Parkway Inn “Enchanted Evening” Package (1 Night Stay, withDinner & Breakfast) valued at $350
- Via Rail Canada $750 Via Travel Voucher
Special Thanks to
- Sébastien Bourgault for an amazing evening of laughter!
- Scotiabank for matching funds.
- Joanne Ouellette from Scotiabank Home Financing for the chocolates.
- Colette Bobier from Samson Chair Covers for the chair covers.
- Laurette Côté from Elegance Wedding Decorations for the swag.
- Seaway News (TC Media) for advertising.
- Astro Printing for printing the tickets.
- Michael Galvin Master of Ceremonies extraordinaire.
- Adam Caskenette, Chef Fabien and all Best Western Parkway staff for providing a delicious meal and making this event a success for Bereaved Families.
- Scotiabank Team Cindy Picard, Michelle Simard, Anne Laviolette, Joanne Ouellette & Binal Bhavsar.
- Gala/Fundraising Committee Francis Rounding, Cindy Picard, Gisèle Roy, Elizabeth Gagnon, Kelly Gordon, Ron Leduc, Pauline Lariviere, Anne Wylemans & Peter Dugdale.
We also want to express our gratitude to all of you who attended this 17th Annual Gala Dinner. Your support will make it possible for Bereaved Families of Ontario-Cornwall to continue its mission:
“Bereaved helping the Bereaved learn to live with grief”
In the picture (from left to right) are Gisèle Roy (Program Coordinator) & Ileen Cayer (Office Coordinator) presenting the $750.00 VIA Travel Voucher to Suzie Pilon, who put in the winning bid at the live auction held at the Annual Gala Dinner for Bereaved Families of Ontario-Cornwall on Saturday, September 16th, 2017.
We hope to see you on September 15th, 2018 for our 18th Annual Gala Dinner.